- 50 Feet
- Braid width: 0.08in (2.2mm)
- Ideal for medium size solder joints
3S-Wick® patented vacuumization technology is preferred by leading organizations worldwide. Vacuumization yields a high-speed response wick for quickest and safest de-soldering. A simultaneous comparison dip-test (MIL-STD-202 E Method 208 C) with competitive wicks will show the differences.
3S-Wick® flux is based on mildest non-corrosive, non-hygroscopic, non-conductive rosins of 'no-clean' quality.
- EC Directives 2002/95/EC (RoHS1)
- EC Directives 2011/65/EC (RoHS2)
- EC Directives 2015/863/EC (RoHS3)
- EC Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament (REACH)
- SVHC 211
- EC Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 of the European Parliament (CLP)
- Directives 2012/19/EU (WEEE)
- CFSI Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative
TIPS AND TRICKS
- TIP #1 - Use of solder tips with a chisel like tip end. Allows to softly and evenly squeeze the wick structure across the desolder area. Heat transfer is optimal.
- TIP #2 - As a chisel sized tip preferably use one with approximately width of wick size.
- TIP #3 - Having a too wide wick for a small pad? -> Cut the wick in an angle. This makes a fine wick end with lower thermal mass.
- TIP #4 - Having a too small wick or a too big solder deposit area? Fold the wick end and you get the needed "larger" sized wick. Make sure tip has enough thermal mass to heat the enlarged wick mass properly.
- TIP #5 - Desoldering is soldering the wick end with the solder to be removed. Using the well known solderability dip test allows to check and compare any wick for proper desolder function and speed of absorption.
- TIP #6 - 3S-Wick® / Desolder braid does recommend the use of electronic or thermostat temperature controlled soldering irons.