- 6 Pack, 945 mL Liquid Per Bottle
- 99.9% Anhydrous solvent—Removes water and humidity from components leaving them dry
- Meets reagent ACS
- Meets MIL Spec TT-I-735A and ASTM D770
- Less than 0.001 g/100 mL non-volatile residues
- Suitable for use in food facilities as a non-food chemical. NSF International registration #144029
This is 99.9% ACS reagent grade isopropyl alcohol for cleaning electronics. It is a flammable clear solvent that effectively cleans ionic, polar and non-polar residues. It is safe on most painted surfaces, plastics, and elastomers. It leaves no residue, evaporates quickly relative to water, and does not cause corrosion. It is low toxicity compared to alternative solvents and is similarly relatively environmentally benign, being ozone safe with excellent “green solvent” scores.
This 99.9% IPA is both anhydrous, hydroscopic, and fully miscible with water, so it can be used to scavenge moisture and dehumidify surfaces. It also has a low surface tension, so it wets easily, making it an effective cleaner.
This product is listed by the NSF as acceptable for use as a solvent for cleaning electronic instruments and devices, which will not tolerate aqueous solutions, in and around food processing areas where its use is not intended for direct food contact.
This product is packaged as a liquid, however, it is also offered in aerosol and presaturated wipe formats. Additionally, we offer liquid 70% IPA and 70% IPA presaturated wipes.
Features & Benefits
- Safe on most plastics and elastomers
- Fast dry time
- Zero residue
- Low toxicity
- CARB compliant
Isopropyl Alcohol is effective at removing oils, light greases, ink, grime, oxides, solder paste residues, adhesives residues, and flux residues. It is recommended for cleaning any of the following:
- Audio, video, magnetic, and optical heads
- Electrical contacts and connectors
- Fiber optic connectors
- Optical equipment
- POS devices and scanners
- Precision instruments
- Printed circuit boards
- Production equipment and workstations
- Smart phones, pads, laptops, keyboards, and office equipment
- SMT stencils and screens
- Surfaces being prepared for coating application
Cleaning with IPA is often more effective when used in conjunction with the right brush, swab, or dry-wipe.
Consumer Product VOC Dilution Requirements
Residential or institutional users in California and other states (IL, IN, MI, OH, CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA, DC, UT) with similar 75% VOC limits on electronics cleaners must dilute the product by 25% with water or acetone prior to use.