Build and program two high-quality SumoBot® Robots designed to wrestle in their own mini-sumo competition ring! Follow the SumoBot Manual assembly instructions and test programs to go from basic moves to one-on-one combat.
Once you have your SumoBot robots up and running, give them a competitive edge and expand your skills by following the step-by-step activities in Applied Robotics with the SumoBot - an advanced text in our Stamps in Class series. Activities include friction analysis, self-calibrating sensors, memory optimization with multipurpose variables and a sensor flags register, and state-machine diagrams for sensor-based navigation.
EEPROM data logging lets you record your robot's sensor and program states during a match, then display them afterward in the BASIC Stamp Editor's Debug Terminal - an excellent way to troubleshoot and analyze the performance of your program strategies.
- Two sets of durable robot hardware sporting black anodized aluminum chassis and scoop, servo motors, and all the required components.
- Surface-mount BASIC Stamp control boards to host the included infrared object sensor electronics for spotting the opponent.
- Additional components including piezospeakers and pushbuttons to build custom circuits.
- Under-chassis QTI Sensors detect black and white surfaces, such as the edge of the sumo wrestling ring.
- Two printed tutorials - one for assembly, testing, and basic wrestling, the other for advanced sensor management and programming strategies.
- (1) SumoBot Board with surface-mounted BS2.
- (2) QTI Sensor.
- (1) Parallax Screwdriver.
- (1) Sumo Bot Chassis.
- 1) SumoBot Front Scoop.
- (2) Boe-Bot/SumoBot Wheel & Tire, Plastic, 2.58 Dia, .3 W.
- (4) Boe-Bot/SumoBot Wheel & Tire, Rubber Band.
- (1) Battery holder, 4cell, AA, with tinned leads.
- (1) SumoBot Manual.
- (2) 470 ohm 1/4 W 5% Carbon Film Resistor.
- (1) Green T1 3/4 LED.
- (2) Infrared T1 3/4 LED.
- (1) Red T1 3/4 LED.
- (2) Infrared Receiver.
- (2) 0.53 LED Standoff.
- (2) LED Light Shield.
- (1) Serial Cable.
- (1) 3" Jumper Wires (1 bag of 10).
- (2) Servo Extension Cable (10 inches).
- (1) Piezo Sound Generators.
- (2) Parallax (Futaba) Continuous Rotation Servo.
- Assortment of screws, washers, and standoffs.
NOTES: Requires 4 AA 1.5 V batteries, not included. BASIC Stamp programming requires the BASIC Stamp Editor software for Windows.